----- Original Message -----From: Kerry ArmourTo: Jim GarlandCc: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; Robertaa@cnsp.com ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.orgSent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:41 AMSubject: Re: Spur Ranch Road - 7:30AM Update (Wednesday)I experienced a very good reality check last night. My husband and I went to a friend's for dinner way down into the far end of Eldorado. Once the pavement ran out the road conditions were much worse than what we are seeing here on Spur Ranch. If we hadn't been driving a Jeep Wrangler, we most definitely would have had a big problem.At this point, I am thankful for the road we have and I know that it will be a great road once it's fixed.Kerry ArmourSRRA Board
On Dec 14, 2011, at 8:08 AM, "Jim Garland" <email@example.com> wrote:
The two inches of snow last night actually seemed to improve the road conditions, at least in the morning hours. SRR is now easily passable, although 2WD vehicles should drive with particular caution to avoid sliding. Obviously, 4WD is preferable if you have it. Please avoid using Compadres.
We'll keep our eye on the road as the day warms up and let you know if problems develop. Bob Sherwin (RoadPacker) has rented a grader for the week ($7,500) which is parked beside the road, in case additional rain calls for remedial attention.
We can't give you a definite date yet when the complete redo of the road will take place. Bob Sherwin is awaiting test results on a batch of clay that he has reserved, in order to verify that the composition and plasticity is appropriate for the RoadPacker treatment. Another consideration is the weather. The daytime temperature needs to be above freezing (in order to ensure adequate mixing), and the surface should not be saturated with water (which delays curing). His goal is to take advantage of the first suitable period.
With respect to snow removal, SRRA has contracted with Duran Sand and Gravel to plow the road in the event of a snowfall of six inches or more. The terms of the agreement call for an early morning (7AM) plowing if snow falls during the night, and a late afternoon plowing (4PM), if necessary to clear the road before people return home from work.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Re: Spur Ranch Road - 7:30AM Update (Wednesday)
Out yesterday at ll back at 12noon.....no problem driving...I just took it slow and aimed for the driest part of the road.....at any rate, it is still one heck of a lot better than the road it was before.